Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 6- Saturday, Aug. 7th

I can safely say that both Walker and I wished we could have stayed in the Badlands longer but we got up and were on the road by 5:15a or so on Saturday morning. We drove all the way across South Dakota, through part of Minnesota and finally arrived at our destination at 3p or so. (we also lost an hr with a time change, so it took just under 9 hrs total). I also updated my ipod the night before so I had lots of fun songs from the “Glee Soundtrack” to listen and sing along too during the drive! (I’m sure you can only imagine how thrilled Walker was...)

So, we got to Arden Hills, MN where we had the awesome opportunity to stay with some long time family friends Dan and Marquetta and had just a great time with them. We just chatted for a while about a variety of different things and sort of caught up on life a bit. Then we had dinner and headed out to the St. Croix river for a cruise on their boat. It was so fun! We got to go super fast and experience some pretty good waves and also got to see some old Mississippi river boats that were so cool looking! (they reminded me of that broadway musical “Show Boat” that my grandma took me to see when I was little). We stopped for some ice cream on the way home from Culver’s and spent the rest of the night chatting more before heading to bed. It was such a wonderful afternoon/evening together. Oh! and they have the sweetest golden retriever name Joey! O’Malley wasn’t to fond of him though.....

Here are a few pictures from our boat ride....and also Joey and O'Malley meeting for the first time


Marquetta and Dan gearing up the boat for us!

The old Mississippi River steam boat


The gorgeous St. Croix river :)


us getting ice cream at Culver's


O'Malley and Joey....not quite love at first sight ;)


next stop: Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment