Thursday, August 12, 2010

My new home!

I woke up this morning in Massachusetts and am officially and east coaster now!

Since I arrived last night after it was dark that first thing I wanted to do was check out the backyard.....there is a corn field in my backyard! How crazy is that?! I will definitely take a picture and post it because there are barns with corn husks in them too....it is quite a sight to see!

I also took my first bike ride to campus and tried to get a feel for my "commute" which was fun. I live in the country....literally right around the corner from my house is a working farm that also has horses and offers horse-riding lessons. So, at least for the rest of the summer I can walk around the corner and by extremely local produce. How cool is that?!

Now Im sitting a Barnes and Noble finishing up this blog and finally getting everything updated.....Im home!

The trip was so awesome in so many ways and am so glad I had the opportunity to do it and am also really looking forward to my new adventures that await me here in Mass. We covered over 4,000 miles in 10 days and were able to see some amazing beautiful sights and see some wonderful friends of mine along the way.

Tomorrow all of my furniture gets here and i will be able to set up house which Im looking forward to. And dont worry, I will be sure to take some pictures once Im a little bit settled so you can see my new place!

Thanks for coming along for my journey and I'll see you again once Im a little more settled here in my new home of Hadley/Amherst, Mass.

xoxo
J

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting all of this! Have fun in your new place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun joining you on your journey! Of the places that you visited, where do you want to go back to spend more time the most?

    ReplyDelete